Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2021, 05:20 PM   #1

CRF style exhaust..

So - was looking and looking and finally decided on the CRF230 pro core style exhaust to put on my X-Pro 250 Zongshen.. and it doesn't fit! When the flange is seated on the exhaust port under the frame and all, it's crooked and I can't manipulate it to fit right. The only flush fit is when the pipes are outside the frame and then it's a good bit away from the bike - and the muffler hookup doesn't line up in the right spot..... I do not have a middle bolt holding the exhaust in place, just a solid pipe from the engine to the muffler, which doesn't seal around the muffler either.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on getting this fit right? I took just the pipes into a local 'custom shop' and immediately was told no, or something like they didn't want to or some BS.. Or am I better off just cutting and gutting the stock pipe? I do have a MIG machine, no gas.. not sure if this would turn into a disaster that I won't be able to fix lol

Old 07-29-2021, 09:28 PM   #2

I took mine to a tree with a 3 foot 1/2" extension, a jack handle, shovel handle and other things to bend, beat and pry into a configuration that kinda works. It could still use some improvement.

I had to reduce the radius and lift the end that goes to the muffler. It was sketchy and involved constant fitting, but that stainless steel pipe is stronger than I initially thought. Drilling the holes was easier than I thought as well, but I had access to brand new Clee-Line 1/2" bits even though I only used one.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:04 PM   #3

https://www.orionpowersports.com/sta...-223cc-engine/

So I just came across this - and ordered it.. will update when it comes in and I get it on the bike.. Can't believe that I missed this somehow. All pics are exactly like my bike, so should be the way to go. I will have an unused Pro Core CRF230 exhaust if anyone needs one on the cheap! It's the same pipes as the other exhaust everyone gets for the Hawk 250s.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badluck View Post
I took mine to a tree with a 3 foot 1/2" extension, a jack handle, shovel handle and other things to bend, beat and pry into a configuration that kinda works. It could still use some improvement.

I had to reduce the radius and lift the end that goes to the muffler. It was sketchy and involved constant fitting, but that stainless steel pipe is stronger than I initially thought. Drilling the holes was easier than I thought as well, but I had access to brand new Clee-Line 1/2" bits even though I only used one.
No drilling required for this set! The header flange mount holes are already elongated Didn't have to do that part! But, I did get this better fit than the 89 dollar one suggested by everyone else. Not sure why, but this set is slightly more to the shape of the stock pipe. And then just about an hour ago I found that one on Orion PowerSports - bit steep, but should fit exact. My bike is an Orion without the name, better swingarm, and better forks lol Now I'm eyeing an RX3............ but I'm going to get this bike straightened out first before I go diving into another one I did get the 89 dollar set first, tried to bend and nothing moved lol heated it pretty well, without trying to touch it - I didn't have anything wide enough to get a C-clamp or something around it to close the angle. Don't wanna go bending around on this set if I'm going to sell it though.