Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2019, 10:02 PM   #1

2013 Tao Tao 150 powermax dies under full and/or sudden throttle

My father gave me this scooter and I put a wiring harness on it, right hand switchs, cdi box, voltage variator, carberator, and new vaccum lines and fuel lines, spark plug.

Thinking about replacing intake manifold boot and vaccum actuated fuel pump.

Bottom line, I can get it started and ride it around but under full throttle or sudden throttle it'll just die. I dont even feel like it bogs. Because it just dies. Actually that's how I shut it off, because I also need right hand brake switch and ignition so I have no starter button or kill switch.

I need some help. Before he gave it to me it ran fine, but it sat in my shed all winter and now its warm I began fixing on it.

My question is, what causes these scooters to die under full or sudden acceleration. I can ease the throttle and be fine but even after I can only open the throttle up so far before the engine loses power or die.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:50 PM   #2

Adjust valve clearance 0.12mm (~0.005")

Old 05-21-2019, 06:09 AM   #3

Images are sometimes helpful . . example.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #4

You sure this is the fix

Old 05-21-2019, 07:38 AM   #5

What type carb do you have? I assume it's the CV type carb. If so it could be that the slide is not opening. Check to make sure it is working. It is vacuum operated. Check that all vacuum lines are connected. It's possible that you have a pin hole in the diaphragm. Also check valve adjustment for proper gap.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #6

@humanbeing

So, i did the valve adjustment about a week ago. And as soon as i did it, the throttle could be opened up all the way. i was accited. i hoped on the bike and drove it up to the gas station. then, i ran out of gas on the way up there. called my wife and she took me up there in the van. filled the bike with fuel, and on the way back, i could NO LONGER OPEN UP THE THROTTLE without bogging down. So, now my problem is it is bogging under sudden or full throttle.

I have brand new carb, fuel filter, fuel pump, vaccum lines, valve adjusted, cam timing has been set, and today I replaced the intake manifold boot.

I don't know what else to do

Tags
150, bogging, no power, no throttle, tao tao