Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2016, 08:53 AM   #1

Intro as a new member

Well I just ordered a new Orange RX3 from CSC. Should be arriving sometime in March. Just in time for good weather, and for me to put some miles on it and get the first 1 or 2 services out of the way. I will be taking it a Horizon's Unlimited even in April down in Virginia. My buddy Andrew Pain, motorcycle author of "Going Small", will be there as well with his 15' RX3. So, they should be show stoppers.

As for a bit of history about myself, I have been riding since the summer of 1999. My first true love was a 1982 250 Exciter. I had it for 9 years and it went coast to coast. It was light weight and really my first 'adv' bike, if you will. In 2008, I spent a bit more money on myself and got a Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider. It was love at first sight. That bike has been everywhere, from Mexico to Canada, from the Pacific coast to the Atlantic. I am a long distance rider, an Iron Butt member and outdoor adventurist.

I am pretty handy with tools, I grew up working on cars. Bikes are a new thing to me, so my tool box has been getting some new tools over the years. Luckily for me, my husbands tool collection is massive. He works on airplanes and helicopters so we both stay wrenching on things. It really is amazing to find someone with similar passions. He doesn't ride, but hey, maybe this RX3 will get him on the road. ha! Nonetheless, I'll end with that until next time.
Enjoy the pics. There are plenty more on my Google + profile. If wanted to check me out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me riding (1).jpg (95.3 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg firstbike.jpg (25.1 KB, 140 views)

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 02-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #2

Welcome aboard! Great choice on the Orange RX3 cuz. It's known to be the fastest ;->
Ya might have to look at the upgraded seat for the ironbutt/long distance riding.

Rojo

Old 02-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #3

Welcome, Rania! Congrats on the new bike.

I have an old Exciter 185 in the shed that looks a lot like your 250, except that mine has been rather unloved.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-17-2016, 12:16 PM   #4

Welcome to the frey Madsocial. I'm sure your new RX3 will give you and your hubby miles of smiles like it has me. rj

Old 02-17-2016, 12:33 PM   #5

Welcome to The Cult of The Zong, Rania. We are glad you joined us from the Keystone State.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-20-2016, 08:36 AM   #6

Thanks for the love guys! Yeah, I agree the Orange RX3 has got to be the fastest. As for the seat, yeah, I thought about reupholstering it myself. I have done this before. Memory foam might be the way I go. We'll see when the bike gets here.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
Thanks for the love guys! Yeah, I agree the Orange RX3 has got to be the fastest. As for the seat, yeah, I thought about reupholstering it myself. I have done this before. Memory foam might be the way I go. We'll see when the bike gets here.

CAN'T WAIT!!!
Rania, if you decide to reupholster the seat, please share your skills with us with pics and a write-up. I'm looking forward to that.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-23-2016, 12:27 AM   #8

X2.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-23-2016, 06:30 AM   #9

Welcome mad, haven't seen any documented Fe butt days completed on the RX3. You could be the first!