Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2023, 12:03 AM   #1

Motocross Track-capable Suggestions

I was catching up on posts from the last 3-4 months, and came across a video of someone doing a 'hard enduro' on the TT250. This makes me wonder:

Which Chondas that we usually discuss would you say are GOOD on trails/fsr/gravel/single tracks, AND also can capably scale up to survive a gentle motorcross track session?

More and more members in my local club are frequenting Offroad resorts - we have a few nearby - so I'm potentially looking at spending time on both motorcross tracks (beginner) and trails in the same weekend/day. Please advise!

Old 01-02-2023, 10:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ22_ChinaRider View Post
I was catching up on posts from the last 3-4 months, and came across a video of someone doing a 'hard enduro' on the TT250. This makes me wonder:

Which Chondas that we usually discuss would you say are GOOD on trails/fsr/gravel/single tracks, AND also can capably scale up to survive a gentle motorcross track session?

More and more members in my local club are frequenting Offroad resorts - we have a few nearby - so I'm potentially looking at spending time on both motorcross tracks (beginner) and trails in the same weekend/day. Please advise!
Survive, most of them. The issue is that they lack power.

https://www.youtube.com/@juampienduro/videos

That guy started with a Loncin with a RE250 (not a chonda i know) and he did race it, then moved to a Kayo T6, then to a KTM.
Is not about if they can survive or not, is that they lack power next to motorcycles made just for the track.
If you want to have fun and ride with your friend, as long you know how to land, you can use them a while.

Old 01-02-2023, 11:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Survive, most of them. The issue is that they lack power.

https://www.youtube.com/@juampienduro/videos

That guy started with a Loncin with a RE250 (not a chonda i know) and he did race it, then moved to a Kayo T6, then to a KTM.
Is not about if they can survive or not, is that they lack power next to motorcycles made just for the track.
If you want to have fun and ride with your friend, as long you know how to land, you can use them a while.
Got it, thank you!
I know MX is not known to be a very forgiving sport , and that sometimes not having enough power also can land us straight into trouble.
As things stand, I'm scared of jumps (middle aged guy with a lot to look forward to, and I want to keep riding for a long time!), so I just may have to give it a controlled try either way, to be sure .

Old 01-03-2023, 03:04 AM   #4

just need to find the right class bracket or make one for you local MX track.

vintage/classic/farm/twinshock you name it it probably has a group competing somewhere.

Old 01-03-2023, 03:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLsior View Post
just need to find the right class bracket or make one for you local MX track.

vintage/classic/farm/twinshock you name it it probably has a group competing somewhere.
I'll be he sole entrant in the 'Old, semi-retarded, high-on-daydreams, Pol-Tarres-Wannabe, Rookie-on-a-Chonda' class!

Old 01-03-2023, 05:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ22_ChinaRider View Post
I'll be he sole entrant in the 'Old, semi-retarded, high-on-daydreams, Pol-Tarres-Wannabe, Rookie-on-a-Chonda' class!
You're already a winner then...

But seriously the saying 'build it and they will come" holds true.

Approach the venue and ask/inquire about running an event based on the chonda 250cc class and see where that possibly goes...