Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2017, 08:05 PM   #1

vacuum fuel pump to electric fuel pump conversion

Has anyone riding a 260 to 300cc atv tried converting to a electric fuel pump? I'm on my 5th vacuum fuel pump on 2 machines. Thinking it may be a good time to change over. CVK carb. My unit is a Buyang FA-D300 with a Feishen engine. Many machine are manufactured with this engine under different names. Linhai is so very similar that I can hardly tell them apart. Wiring is no problem, but not sure what kind of part number or size to look for. Any one with any experience do the change over???

Old 01-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #2

fuel pump

did you ever try it without a pump.. gravity feed like the rest of atvs>>> and dune buggys

Old 01-05-2018, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY View Post
did you ever try it without a pump.. gravity feed like the rest of atvs>>> and dune buggys

His tank sits to low. It may work to about half tank, then it will stop flowing well enough to feed the carb.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonfu View Post
Has anyone riding a 260 to 300cc atv tried converting to a electric fuel pump? I'm on my 5th vacuum fuel pump on 2 machines. Thinking it may be a good time to change over. CVK carb. My unit is a Buyang FA-D300 with a Feishen engine. Many machine are manufactured with this engine under different names. Linhai is so very similar that I can hardly tell them apart. Wiring is no problem, but not sure what kind of part number or size to look for. Any one with any experience do the change over???
Electric fuel pumps use to much power and will kill the battery while running and possibly kill the charging system. I understand your hate for vacuum pumps. It may be better to find a good one from a Japanese made snow mobile or side by side on ebay. Mikuni used to make a really good one. It was around $50 but rebuild kits were like $13 and replaced everything except the scews and pump body. Tillotson and Walbro also make a good ones.

Here some ideas. It's best to stay away from the plastic ones. Ethanol fuels eat up the diaphragm in the pump pretty quickly. The newer ones hold up better.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_s...c571570f8a6219

Old 01-06-2018, 08:09 AM   #5

can you post a pic of the vac pump? you may be able to use a better quality vac pump if its similar to this...

that pump is a John Deere LG808656 part number, manufactured by Mikuni. i work for john deere, and have had sucess running these on other small engines, as long as you have a good crankcase pulse... these will fuel an 800cc v twin no problem...

also, never had an issue with ethanol in these particular ones...

Old 01-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #6

We've use the Mikuni vacuum pumps on our ultralight aircraft for decades. They are highly reliable and unaffected by ethanol.

I've switched old Goldwings from the standard mechanical fuel pump to electric fuel pumps with no problems but they do have a higher output (but weird) electrical system. I'd stay with the vacuum pump if possible, switching to a Mikuni brand.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:08 AM   #7

electric fuel pump conversion

I'm new to the forum and was looking around and saw this thread vso I thought I would pitch in too. I have a 2007 SunL SLGK 160 that I scrapped out the original 150cc GY6 Type B and swapped over to a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 set up for the engine / tranny /diff. I had issues with it's vacuum pump, changed it out for another from Polaris, 3 months later it's bad again so I converted over to a 1-4psi electric and I love it. I've ran it now for about 8 months and it is still working great. New usually ride up in the woods in Northern AZ so did not to keep getting stuck out so far from the cabin & so far so good.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:22 PM   #8

When converting vacuum fuel pump to electronic what do I do with the extra line from the pump to the crankcase?

Old 06-08-2020, 09:30 PM   #9

Just plug the line .
I just picked up an old Kawasaki bayou 185 atv with the fuel tank over the rear axle ,(it has no rear suspension) and it is running an electric fuel pump so you might try sourcing one of them .1985 or possibly a little older is what mine is .