Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2020, 07:50 PM   #1

PNW traffic fighter

Hello fellow enthusists.

Ordered my hawk 250 dlx last friday I was told early June. Really hope none of the decals come on it. Planning on rattle canning the whole thing flat black. This will be my first bike pretty excited about it. I commute down a river road about 20 minutes and some times it can get pretty backed up, there is a farm road and rail road service roads that look mighty appealing. If i end up moving some where more urban definitely going to look into a super moto conversion I think that would look so sexy.
I've learned a lot on here and from motocheeze looking forward to building and learning about the bike. I do have some wrist arthritis issues so I really hope the lack of a counterbalance doesn't get to me. Time will tell. I would imagine this thing would hold its value pretty well since you have to build it and register it. Thanks everyone whos posted on this forum. looking forward to doing a build thread. Money isn't really an issue for me, not an unlimited budget but i can have some fun so I'm hoping to get it dino tuned along with all the other mods on hear, probably some suspension tunning and of course wheels. The biggest reason I got the bike is my wife went through a phase where she just crashed into other cars, she wasn't drunk and she swears she wasn't texting, so my insurance is 750 freaking dollars a month. 220 of that goes to ensuring my 95 honda so later honda and hello hawk at 15 dollars a month for insurance. My honda got 50 mpg. I've heard 80mpg from this bike but does any one have some real numbers?