Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #1

Anybody had any experience with this evmx250r??

Found a evmx250r on ebay
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F273317161857
The darn link doesnt want to respond.....
Any ideas about this? I cant seem to find much info.....
Again I appreciate all of you that post and give words of wisdom. Thanks!

Old 06-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #2

Can't put my finger on that motor design...
At first I thought it might be related to the Pitster Pro LXR250, but that's not it. Based on the overall architecture (including the oil screen), I'd guess that it is loosely based on the Honda CRF250L.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #3

I ordered one and after two weeks they still have not shipped it. I think it may be a scam. I sent an e-mail requesting a refund on my credit card, also sent an IM on facebook messenger but got not response. If things change, I'll let you know.

I did look on the BBB site and found no complains against them though, but not looking good.

They said it is the same bike as the CFR250 (crossfire motorcycles manufacturer).

Rich

Old 06-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #4

I put a review up on their website addressing the no shipment problems. They removed it.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:20 PM   #5

Another video they posted. Still haven't heard back...

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedWorksM...type=2&theater

Old 07-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #6

This is a scam seller, they do not have ANY store in las vegas , no telephone .They were on Ebay as Speedworks01 for a few days, then Ebay de-listed them. I put a post up about them in Dealer Discussions.
I had to open a case with Ebay Buyer Protection to get my money back, which they said I will but it will take about 30 days.If you paid them any money ,you need to contact your Bank, CC company, and/or a Lawyer because you aren't ever going to get an ATV or Motorcycle, they don't have any and never did.All those photos on their FaceBook page are stolen and have nothing to do with them .
It is a hoax plain and simple ,you have been robbed just like I was.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:58 PM   #7

Thank you RedCrowRides!!!

I have contacted my bank and started the proceedings.

Thanks again,

Rich

Last edited by oouthere; 07-02-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #8

Here is the scammer's info:

https://www.facebook.com/SpeedWorksMotorSports/

Speed Works LLC.
6635 Tenaya Way
Las Vegas Nevada 89113

I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:12 PM   #9

ebay buyer protection should have your back,you are one of a few this happen to ,when you get your money back try the apollo 250 is a dirt bike ,or the hawk 250 wich is an enduro bike on an off road for like $1400.00

Old 07-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #10

I have been on this site for quite a while, and I have NEVER seen that bike before. Nor on the 2017 or 2018 EPA certification list for off-road motorcycles.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #11

There was a bike from somewhere like Romania ,Latvia ?some beet farming country is all I remember , and this bike reminds me of it for some reason .

Old 07-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #12

The ATV I got scammed on by Speed Works ,as well as the 250 dirt bike oouthere got scammed on are both based on crossfire models that have been "rebadged" or well, more accurately would be rebadged models if they actually existed .There seems to be a legitimate "Speed Works" outfit in australia that sells them which is where the stolen footage and photos from the Las Vegas crooks originate from ,they simply lifted them from their site.

Here is a link to the CrossFire Model Dirt Bike :http://crossfiremotorcycles.com/product/xz250r/

And one for the ATV : http://crossfiremotorcycles.com/prod...ang-evo-3-atv/

I'm not sure whether the CrossFire is actually imported to the U.S. at all ,they do exist as mentioned in Australia .The Ebay scam listed both the ATV as well as the Dirt Bike for about 1300 each ,which is about half the cost on the CrossFire page for either.,which puts them close'ish to their Japanese counterparts .

Anyways there is the backstory on what bikes /atv's Speed Works used to set up their scam operation and where they got the stolen photos and videos from to represent themselves as an actual , existing Dealer/Seller in the States .due to the somewhat elaborate FB page as well as them being on Ebay ( they only lasted like 4 days there however afaik) I got taken in, in my case I am lucky because Ebay Buyer Protection has my back 100% , if anyone bought from them outside of Ebay ,say from the FB page I'm not sure how they can or will get their money back ,many CC companies have fraud protection .

Old 07-03-2018, 02:45 PM   #13

My credit union is pretty good. I had a card stolen at work once, they charged $800 and I they removed it for me. Keesler credit union is about as good as they come ��