Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2024, 08:23 AM   #1

Clash 200 EFI - Connector - Any Idea's

Aloha All,

I'm new to this forum and have recently upgraded from a Spark 150 to a Clash 200 EFI. While inspecting the new setup, I noticed an unconnected connector above the front area. I'm unsure whether this connector needs to be attached to something or if it's simply an extra wire from another set. For your information, everything seems to be functioning perfectly—starter, horn, lights, blinkers, etc.

However, I encountered an issue with the USB port. When I plugged in my phone, it didn't seem to charge. I was using an old iPhone cable, and I'm not sure if it was in working condition, so I need to test it again with a known good cable. I'm hoping someone might have insight into whether this connector is critical and should be connected, or if it's safe to leave it as is. I'm not particularly motivated to remove the entire fairing to trace it unless absolutely necessary. At minimum I will cap this off so waster cannot enter since I an not having any electrical issues.

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Thairider
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clash.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	31583   Click image for larger version

Name:	clash1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	31584  

Old 06-13-2024, 09:31 AM   #2

My 2021 Clash was not equipped with a USB socket when new but I added one. I don't know what that connector is for but it's common to have unused ones on the harness. Orange and blue wire colors are normally used for turn signals on most bikes. I looked at mine and didn't see that connector.

Old 06-13-2024, 09:50 AM   #3

@Mudflap - Thanks that is pretty much what I am figuring I have looked well from the bottom up and even took the small faring off the top where the bars mount and looked and didn't see an open connector, so as my dad would say if everything is working, "IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT"

Mahalo