Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #1

Your thoughts on carburetors

So, need some opinions here if you will ?

I was wondering what people have used on thier 125cc pit-bikes to upgrade the Carbs ? Mine comes with a PZ20 size carb, but I can tell the motor can handle a bigger one easilly . You can tell it wants more , or can handle even more air too , even with the open K&N I put on it . This tells me even after jetting a PZ20 out that it could still use a bigger carb too .

I really love my Fiance' and let her borrow my 20mm carb off my pit-bike for a few days while her dealer ships her new one to her for her new ATV . " When Moms not happy, nobody is happy ! "
But in the interim Roketa sent her a wrong size carb, a PZ19 as a replacement, darn Roketa Central anyway, but I plan on putting that on today on mine so I can ride at least . I owuld make her put this little carb on hers but her motor is stroked for racing, this 19mm would bog it down too much and I can certainly live with a 19mm on mine for a few days longer . Love stinks !

So what is the biggest carb you have upgraded to on these little 125 motors , with good results that is that will bolt right up to a Honda Spec manifold ?

Later, and cheers, any help would be appreciated. I don't want to start buying big carbs without consulting with KNOWN upgrades that really work for these motors.

Thanks, Kelly5150