Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2022, 11:57 PM   #1

PE28 Nibbi with stock exhaust

Everything is stock on my 2022 hawk 250 except for putting a pe28 niib carb with a cold air intake deleting the airbox completely. I ride at sea level and and I've tried to do a bit of tunning and looking at the spark plug after riding a little. It's between 30-50 degrees around rn and getting colder. I currently have a 32 pilot and a 118 main it idles perfect to my ear and a few others and it rides nice at quarter throttle really nice actually but at full throttle it stutters sometimes. I put a 125 main and my idle went way up so I just shut it off and put a 120 in there. But is there any reason my idle should have shot up like that? The 120 seemed okay I couldn't really let on it as it's dark rn just seeing if anyone can help. Also my needle position is at 3 and it idles like it did with the 118 so idle sounds good with the 120.

Old 12-23-2022, 12:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksyoursocks99 View Post
Everything is stock on my 2022 hawk 250 except for putting a pe28 niib carb with a cold air intake deleting the airbox completely. I ride at sea level and and I've tried to do a bit of tunning and looking at the spark plug after riding a little. It's between 30-50 degrees around rn and getting colder. I currently have a 32 pilot and a 118 main it idles perfect to my ear and a few others and it rides nice at quarter throttle really nice actually but at full throttle it stutters sometimes. I put a 125 main and my idle went way up so I just shut it off and put a 120 in there. But is there any reason my idle should have shot up like that? The 120 seemed okay I couldn't really let on it as it's dark rn just seeing if anyone can help. Also my needle position is at 3 and it idles like it did with the 118 so idle sounds good with the 120.
I would say that you need around a 136 pilot. I don't know specifically about the Hawk throttle cable, but the TBR7 stock throttle cable is a tad short for the PE28FL, and when I first installed my carb ,even with the throttle cable adjusted way in, it would still speed up idle with the handlebar turned in certain ways. I ended up turning it in so far that the lock ring couldn't thread, and put a little black Gorilla tape on it.

Old 12-23-2022, 01:36 AM   #3

38/120 mid clip is my current PE28FL config.
Im at about 1000ft but I live ontop of the hills so everywhere else is down hill in general.

I havn't checked the plug as my bike still isnt road legal enough to do a real world WOT and shut down plug inspection test.

first start i find the bike likes the idle nob tweaked up before cranking...then when the engine is up to temp i dial the idle down on the fly...that's about it for adjustment then its good from then on...depends on the weather somewhat.

If I do need to make any tweaks now its most likle going to be via the clip position.