Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #1

Stumpjumper's Desert 100

Last weekend I participated in the Stumpjumper's Desert 100 event. This is the longest running desert race in the United States and is located in Odessa, WA. They have multiple events going on during the weekend. I joined in on the Adventure/Dual Sport Poker Ride. 140 mile event with about 30 miles of asphault, 70 miles of gravel and sand roads and 40 miles of full on desert singletrack. I rode my RX3. It did great! I on the other hand am still a noob and had a few bobbles. No injuries to me or the bike. Hope you enjoy!

Old 04-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #2

I'm seeing on that pic...(can't watch video, I sure it works), that those other bikes are pure enduro. You on the other hand did it on a civilized adventure bike tailored for highway and some off road. Congratulations
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #3

It's great to see you having sooooooooo much CSC fun.

Somewhere I have a photograph of me and some friends fueling up at that same gas station. Odessa is a nice little town.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I'm seeing on that pic...(can't watch video, I sure it works), that those other bikes are pure enduro. You on the other hand did it on a civilized adventure bike tailored for highway and some off road. Congratulations
Adventure bikes were outnumbered by a large margin but I saw Tigers, KTM 650/690/1190's, G650GS and F800.

Only the last set of singletrack had a split where enduro bikes went one way and adventure bikes the other as it was a bit too much for ADV bikes and normal humans!