Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2010, 04:40 AM   #1

Giobike Alberta Registration

I purchased a Gio 250 X31 and 125cc bike from giobikes.com . I'm in Alberta and am wondering what consists of the bill of sale? They seemed to be okay with the NVIS and Cert of Origin but I was unclear on what to give them as the Bill of Sale as the only thing that seems to approximate this on the Gio website is the invoice containing the VINs. Have people been able to register for offroad use using just this invoice? :roll:

Thanks

Old 04-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #2

Welcome!

I lived in Alberta a long time ago, so I can't answer your bill of sale question. I would certainly try printing the sale info with vin numbers to bring along. If they deny you at that office, find another one.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #3

No luck, both offices in town say I need them to sign a bill of sale. It says on the gio site that you can get one, but I can't figure out where.. I mean really you'd think it would have been shipped with the bike

Old 04-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by giobikefans
No luck, both offices in town say I need them to sign a bill of sale. It says on the gio site that you can get one, but I can't figure out where.. I mean really you'd think it would have been shipped with the bike
When you go into the mygio site it used to have a link where you filled out the form with the vin for your bike for the registration papers, bill of sale type stuff. Since the site is newly designed I'm not sure if it's still there.. It USED to be located on the sale information of whatever you bought where it said "shipped and closed"

Old 04-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #5

I'm trying to get my 125cc bike registered too, but in ontario, for a bill of sale i would think a print off your invoice would suffice, you can get to it in your "MY GIO", look for the list of orders you placed, click on the order # and it will link you to an invoice that shows what your bought, the VIN of the bike should also be there and the amount you paided for it.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #6

Yeah they said I need a signature on it... we'll see what happens.

In other news I got a call from TD and they said that they're canceling my insurance as they decided they do not cover that type of bike. So I'm back to square 1.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by giobikefans
Yeah they said I need a signature on it... we'll see what happens. GET A PEN ! !

In other news I got a call from TD and they said that they're canceling my insurance as they decided they do not cover that type of bike. So I'm back to square 1. TRY STATE FARM

Old 05-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #8

An update:
Registered and got plates. We'll see if they cancel it, but Cantex didn't seem to have any issues with registering and insuring it. Phew! Can finally ride on crown land (without fear of a crippling fine)

Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #9

Cool! You're blazin' trails for future China Riders. 8)

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #10

I just insured and registered my X31 and T1 Rebel not problem. X31-$127ins T1-$107ins and 90 for both to register. As I am new to this does anyone know if I need ins and reg in Alberta I know I need it on crown land but can I ride with out it on private land. If so where can I go around calgary crown or private. Also I read something about Headlight and taillight. Can anyone fill me in on this also. I know this subject is being beaten to death but after reading alot I can`t seem to find a CLEAR answer. Also this site rocks, thanks to all especially tech pages who contribute, as i am getting addicted.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #11

Ill give you albertans a heads up on something..... when your going to register your bike and they insist on a bill of sale they have no idea what the signature of the seller looks like. All they need is "A" signature. Doesnt really matter whose it is.

if you struggle morally with signing the bike to yourself then have your wife sell it to you, or your friend. As long as there is a vin number and all that then it doesnt matter.

Technically since you got the importation certificate, you are the importer. You didnt buy it from anyone, you imported it. Registries offices have a hard time figuring out how to do it, so its easier for them to just want a bill of sale. They can enter the vin on their end and do all that afterwards.

As for riding areas in calgary area. wE discovered the gravel pit in Irricana on the weekend. Its actually a really cool place. I hear it gets brutally busy in the summer though. Otherwise according to the governments website there is also riding out in the ghost lake area just west of cochrane. Have not been out there myself, but plan to go take a look in the next couple weeks.

There was a gio X31 rider out at irricana when we were out there this morning.