Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2016, 07:50 PM   #1

TT250 Production photos

Joe posted some great news on the blog, the tt250 is in production and being shipped soon!

The matte black frame looks fantastic, however as a small nitpick I am a little dissapointed that the forks are gold now instead of Orange tinted... one of the main reasons I got the white and orange color bike! Oh well I think it may still end up being the best looking.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:27 AM   #2

Very cool.

/

Old 03-18-2016, 01:29 AM   #3

I posted this in another thread but I don't think I saw any answers. Is there anyone considering getting all three bikes? RX3/TT/RC3?

/

Old 03-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #4

if I had the space and money then I probably would. but that is not currently in the cards.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #5

I first saw the TT announced on CSC's blog about a week after I ordered my hawk, dammit! Although I honestly don't think I would have been able to wait once I got the itch to get a bike.

But I'm still excited to see folks getting their bikes soon, and also excited to have another reliable source to get parts from.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:18 PM   #6

Thumbs Up

i feel your pain. i bought the hawk too,and love it, but over the ensuing months... well to make a long story short, I got a bad infection of Zong envy, and am now awaiting delivery of a tt250, the Fast red one LOL. at least i will be able to compare them head to head and opine as to whether the price differential is justified for anyone outside of CA.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
i feel your pain. i bought the hawk too,and love it, but over the ensuing months... well to make a long story short, I got a bad infection of Zong envy, and am now awaiting delivery of a tt250, the Fast red one LOL. at least i will be able to compare them head to head and opine as to whether the price differential is justified for anyone outside of CA.
From someone inside CA, I can't wait to hear your review. The TT shares SCADS of parts with the Hawk, even plastics according to the pics. In all honesty, unless there's something magical about the Zong over the Hawk regarding manufacturing quality (which I highly doubt in most areas), to me, the extra 400.00 difference between them will be the USB forks, the balance shaft motor, all the other touches and doo-dads that CSC is adding....plus CSC's service and parts availability....but then I'm sure that CSC will also welcome all the Hawk owners to their parts closet, as well. This is going to be interesting.

I'm more torn on my next purchase down the road between the SSR XF250 and the TT. I know the SSR is a top-tier CB, as is my Q....but having the parts and service availability of a Hondoid through CSC may tilt the scales, even though I know that the SSR (Quinqi) bike will be top notch regarding build, fit and finish and metals. I'll see how Mrs. 2LZ TT turns out once it arrives.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-20-2016, 10:28 AM   #8

Not to mention, the Qingqy has more advertised horsepower, which I am sure in reality, it does. SSR did seem to have faith and bring in '16's, but then there seems to be a 'hint' of trouble with SSR overall.

That being said; you guys do have a TT coming, and with all the enthusiasm for CSC lately, starting with the RX3, they are doing well right now, and will probably continue to do well. Since you cannot order a Hawk because of your CARB masters, you will have to see what the TT brings.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
From someone inside CA, I can't wait to hear your review. The TT shares SCADS of parts with the Hawk, even plastics according to the pics. In all honesty, unless there's something magical about the Zong over the Hawk regarding manufacturing quality (which I highly doubt in most areas), to me, the extra 400.00 difference between them will be the USB forks, the balance shaft motor, all the other touches and doo-dads that CSC is adding....plus CSC's service and parts availability....but then I'm sure that CSC will also welcome all the Hawk owners to their parts closet, as well. This is going to be interesting.

I'm more torn on my next purchase down the road between the SSR XF250 and the TT. I know the SSR is a top-tier CB, as is my Q....but having the parts and service availability of a Hondoid through CSC may tilt the scales, even though I know that the SSR (Quinqi) bike will be top notch regarding build, fit and finish and metals. I'll see how Mrs. 2LZ TT turns out once it arrives.

i think the diff is a lot more than 400.00. my hawk was 1300 even. to my door. the tt i think looks like about 2200 total something on the miss the boat deal. more now, 2400 plus ? You can bet I'll be looking HARD for the justifications for the premium. I am also going to weigh them both side by side on the same scale. I will be especially interested in comparing the suspension for real world diffs. gotta tell you, the hawk front forks are doing their job at present.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-20-2016, 04:10 PM   #10

I am eager to hear your comparison of the Hawk versus the TT250 regarding build quality, performance, et cetera.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-20-2016, 10:03 PM   #11

Quote:
i think the diff is a lot more than 400.00. my hawk was 1300 even. to my door. the tt i think looks like about 2200 total something on the miss the boat deal. more now, 2400 plus ? You can bet I'll be looking HARD for the justifications for the premium. I am also going to weigh them both side by side on the same scale. I will be especially interested in comparing the suspension for real world diffs. gotta tell you, the hawk front forks are doing their job at present.
I just shot that figure out as the Hawk price floats around depending on who you buy it from on what day of the week. I was using a round figure of 1400.00, to your door, and the buyer still has to de-crate, assemble (which some of us love to do), pay DMV tax and registration, so to your door is not necessary "OTD"....so we all share those same expenses.

The TT250 I was using the base 1895.00 boat price,...then of course,the the normal fees, assembly, etc.. that you don't have to do with the Hawk, and here in CA, they have to do the DMV work for you. So...probably more like 5-600.00(?), base price difference.

I almost wish CSC didn't insist on doing the assembly and ride them before shipping. First, it would save some $$$, and I rarely trust other mechanics and seriously enjoy the wrenching almost as much as riding! I can tell you this for sure, Mrs. 2LZ TT250 will come out of the crate and be rolled straight onto the bike lift for a serious once-over.

I really don't blame them for approaching their business model like that though and I think it's one thing that's helped seal their success, so far, with selling CB's. Some folks just can't wrench and expect the bike/ATV/scooter to run perfectly out of the crate....as we all know they don't. Probably saves them a million complaints and phone calls charging the assembly fee and setting them up properly!

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 03-21-2016, 08:04 AM   #12

Thumbs Up

to tell you the truth what i'd REALLY like them to do is ensure the valve lash is at least close and ensure the fluid levels are good, the rest is just icing. since my 20k triumph's front disc almost fell off on the ride home from the dealer, (talk about an "Issue"}
I'm a LOT, more skeptical about Dealer prep! No negative to csc intended. The peace of mind in knowing someone knowledgeable at least looked it over, is worth a lot.

assuming i lived, imagine a front caliper coming off and grabbing some front spokes at 65 mph, I would have owned that dealership after the lawsuit.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #13

Quote:

assuming i lived, imagine a front caliper coming off and grabbing some front spokes at 65 mph, I would have owned that dealership after the lawsuit.
You mean your heirs ☺

Old 03-21-2016, 10:57 AM   #14

Quote:
to tell you the truth what i'd REALLY like them to do is ensure the valve lash is at least close and ensure the fluid levels are good, the rest is just icing. since my 20k triumph's front disc almost fell off on the ride home from the dealer, (talk about an "Issue"}
I'm a LOT, more skeptical about Dealer prep! No negative to csc intended. The peace of mind in knowing someone knowledgeable at least looked it over, is worth a lot.

Holy cow! Glad you were alright!....but that's an exact example of what I was talking about. Even a really good mechanic can have a bad day. Our "late" local Victory dealer had a really good lead mechanic. I always did my own service work but Mrs. 2LZ KP was still new at the time and had a free LOF so I took it in. I waited and chatted with the owner for a while. Bike was done and I rode it the 3 miles home (when we lived in Sac). I went in after arrival, grabbed a beer, walked out to see a puddle of oil under the bike. "Wait....Victory's don't leak." I got on the ground and the drain plug was half way backed out. He'd neglected to tighten it. I'm glad I didn't live further and yes...I called the dealer.
It's examples like these that make me raise an eyebrow to even the best mechanics and have me give everything a once-over...and I was a mechanic for much of my younger years. Everyone has a bad day once in a while.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 03-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #15

jeez, good for u on spotting the leak. what saved me was casually glancing down the front fork in a turn cause something didn't sound right, then it caught my eye, "where the hell are the caliper bolts"?... It was high pucker factor for sure as i eased to a stop, using engine braking and a little right pedal...

Got to admit, i've never endo"d an 800 lb plus bike, and sure was sweating the possibility

and yes, i gave the dealer an earful.