Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2017, 10:44 PM   #1

So...the family stable just got a little bigger

All last year I told myself that I'd buy my daughter's both a cheap TaoTao wheeler to get them into the sport. Then over the winter, a guy I went to school with put an ad on FB in the for sale sites near me stating how his family member was having health issues and in order to keep helping her out like he wanted, he needed to thin out his collection a bit. I've known this family since I was a young teenager so I truly wanted to help, getting a starter bike for my girls was just a bonus.

I called him up this past February and met him at a local diner to chat over a warm cup of coffee, and forked over $600, telling him that his family is more important than money, or paperwork, or the atv. That said, the wheeler could waiti in his barn until nice weather hit, then I'd be over to deal with the rest.

Well, today was the day. My two daughters (11 and 13) both went with me to pick up their decently-maintained 1990 Yamaha Warrior. My 11 year old still has some practicing to do, but my older daughter picked up using the clutch right away! After some preventive maintenance, a few replacement parts, and some more practice here in the yard, we'll be out on the trails as a family in no time!

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 05-30-2017, 12:25 AM   #2

Do you plan on a little rehab such as paint etc on the wheeler? Ps, Nice house and nice smiles !
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-30-2017, 08:19 AM   #3

Nothing like some good family fun. Your going to need a bigger trailer to carry all those rides on those camping trips.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel