Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #1

JetMoto200 "Will" update

This is not a "basing" post. Not my intentions. Just simply stating facts that have occurred since purchasing the bike.

In truth, this whole deal has kind'a turned me off on china bikes.
So far in less than 200 miles I had to pull apart and clean the sand looking crap out of the carb twice. And was clean fuel because it is the exact same non-ethanol fuel I been running in my lawnmowers with zero problems.

The factory battery went kaput 2 weeks ago. Can hook up a battery charger on 10a charge for a couple of hours before starting and it is fine.
Throughout the day runs fine. If cranked within 2 hours after running it will restart on battery. If left overnight, the next morning is DOA. Charging system shows 14.2v. Disconnected battery overnight, reconnected next morning, dead. Has to be a short in the battery itself.

The factory mechanical speedometer failed yesterday. The day before my riding skills test this morning! (Witch I passed. Had been riding on a permit) Luckily, I had installed a Trail Tech Vapor digital tach / speedometer right after the bike arrived. (I never liked the factory speedo from day one anyways)
And on my ride into work after taking my test this morning I noticed the front has developed a hard shake, yet, all bolts & bearings feel tight. Pothole caused a broken belt in tire maybe?
---shrugs---

I have ordered a 44 tooth rear sprocket but it as of yet has not arrived. With the factory 56T rear sprocket I am turning almost 8,000 RPM @ 53 MPH! 0_0
I was SUPPOSED to have already done this, but since we have been moving out of our newer but smaller house into our older but larger house, I simply have had almost ZERO time to myself to get anything of mine done.
Here is the exact sprocket I ordered ------> https://www.denniskirk.com/parts-unl...rd/817044S.sku

I will, I PROMICE I will make a follow up post as to IF this sprocket fit, or not, and will also post the amount of drop in RPM at 53MPH with the new sprocket installed. Front sprocket is already a 17T from the factory with no room for larger sprocket.

Like I said, this is not a "bashing" post.
You generally get what you pay for. And pay for what you get.
I had $5,000 in $100 bills in my jacket standing in the Honda dealership 3 or so days before buying this china bike.
I could be riding a CBR300R right now. But my stubborn tight-wad arse just hated to spend that much hard earned cash on a toy.
So for $1,900 (rounded up to nearest $100 after taxes and the Trail Tec speedo / tach and rear sprocket)

Old 05-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #2

Don't get discouraged. Once you get the bike dialed in I think you will be happy and even a little satisfied of what you have accomplished on your own. As a comparison try purchasing a used boat and getting it to run the way you want. Its almost impossible but once you get it to where you can live with it you feel as if you've accomplished something momentous.

In regards to the sand stuff. It can only be one of two issues. Fuel filter or air filter. One of them is not doing its job. The filter itself may even be breaking down.

/

Old 05-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #3

I agree with Adjuster. Once you get the bugs out you'll have fun.
Congrats on passing your test.
I'd buy a new battery. I bought this one.
http://www.batterystuff.com/powerspo...sYTX7L-BS.html
So far so good on the battery.
Hope you have better luck..

Old 05-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #4

I also agree with Adjuster.

X2 on Guttafixit's congrats on passing the skills test and on an AGM battery recommendation.

My comment has always been that our Chinese friends did the rough-in, and we do the details. I took my Lifan to another level, and the amount of labour hours were ridiculous. That said, working on a bike is my therapy (aside from throttle time), and I really enjoy dialing a bike in.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-24-2015, 01:17 AM   #5

I to recently purchased a bike of similiar nature and trust me once you wrok out the bugs your end up with a good bike a hint some loctite on some things is a good thing such as the exhaust shield. I to changed my sprocket to a 45 tooth and it makes a world of difference.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:10 AM   #6

Regarding the exhaust shield, I change the bolts to stainless socket head cap screws. They're easier to remove than the original Phillips screws, and they won't rust. X2 on Loctite.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-26-2015, 12:12 AM   #7

Got new battery on (made in China, go figure)
Now I cant seem to keep headlight bulbs from blowing!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

If I ever DO get the bugs worked out, I may sell it.
And get a Zong RX3

Old 05-26-2015, 01:04 AM   #8

I can appreciate the challenge that these Honda clones bring. I responded to your headlight post in your other thread.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:04 AM   #9

I think there was a guy called "Blueberry" he had a 200 and made a couple of mods.. it's running great for him. Even a couple of YouTube vids out there. I have the 250, My speedo is pretty useless most of the time, and had a few issues here and there (headlight bulb too). But for the price I paid, I really can't grumble.
This is the guy
He has a couple of good threads and vids.
1995 Harley Davidson Chopper build from ground up.
1983 Yamaha XJ900 REBUILT!
1971 Triumph Daytona 500 - Restored
1987 Yamaha FJ1200