Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2015, 01:19 AM   #1

Head Scratching If you could go back in time...

So I pulled the trigger and ordered a Bashan 250 this past week!

I'm as excited to learn about the machine as I am to ride it! And I'm so glad I found this great resource for information! I have been digging into countless posts and trying to learn as much as I can. I'd like to tap once more into this group's collective experience and ask the following....

Looking back on the first days and weeks you had your bike, what do you wish you were more prepared for? Is there something you found you needed that, had you had it prior to getting your bike, you would have been better off - be it mechanically or comfort-wise? You see where I'm going here...

I've already got the safety course down along with safety equipment (helmet, gloves, jacket, etc.) and some basic tools, some chain lube, and axel grease. What else should I look be thinking about?

Thanks!!!

Old 10-04-2015, 04:31 AM   #2

Bashan makes two 250 dual sports. The Storm, and the Will. Which one did you order? The Storm is more common it seems. Oh, and where did you order it from?

Old 10-04-2015, 09:48 AM   #3

It is the Storm. Sold under the name Roketa which from what I'm reading is really more commonly known as the Bashar. I got it from SuperiorPowerSports.com. So far they have been very responsive to questions. I'm just in waiting mode now...

Old 10-04-2015, 12:05 PM   #4

Has the gas cap leak been addressed yet? Other than that an a few issues with the UDF leaking they seem to be pretty solid. I almost went that route as i REALLY wanted a counter balanced engine but got a hell of a deal on 2 Hawks.....

Old 10-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #5

bump

Last edited by tmec808; 10-05-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #6

Man, sorry to hear about your troubles. I don't know anything about these bikes (yet) but after reading through your post it stood out to me how the rear shock didn't seem to fit without the extra washers. Is it possible they included the wrong rear shock? Maybe a shorter one would give more clearance over the frame.

Also, I don't know about the gas leak issue on the latest being shipped but will deal with it if I have to. I picked this bike in part because of the overall good reviews and also because I'll be able to touch my toes to the street at a red light.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:02 PM   #7

The TMEC's that I have read about by owners, had been pretty much all good, til this one. culcune liked his first one (that he bought used) so much, that he bought another. I Hope that this latest one gets worked out somehow.

The gas leaks on the 250 Storm's has been from the gas caps. Don't fill your tank to the brim. I would run my first tank maybe just over half full. Then, fill it a bit more each time. Maybe try leaving it at a couple of inches down. In one case, the gas came out of the cap, and got onto the tank plastics and ate the paint off quickly. There is at least two owners that complained of this fuel leak from the cap. Just be aware, and, if yours leaks, try having the seller get you another one.

Looking forward to hearing about your new Storm!!

Old 10-05-2015, 02:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadstepper View Post
So I pulled the trigger and ordered a Bashan 250 this past week!

I'm as excited to learn about the machine as I am to ride it! And I'm so glad I found this great resource for information! I have been digging into countless posts and trying to learn as much as I can. I'd like to tap once more into this group's collective experience and ask the following....

Looking back on the first days and weeks you had your bike, what do you wish you were more prepared for? Is there something you found you needed that, had you had it prior to getting your bike, you would have been better off - be it mechanically or comfort-wise? You see where I'm going here...

I've already got the safety course down along with safety equipment (helmet, gloves, jacket, etc.) and some basic tools, some chain lube, and axel grease. What else should I look be thinking about?

Thanks!!!
Congratulations.

I suggest you get a spoke wrench. It's important to keep the spokes tight if you want the wheels to remain true.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...y-Spoke-Wrench

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...oke-Wrench-Set

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Congratulations.

I suggest you get a spoke wrench. It's important to keep the spokes tight if you want the wheels to remain true.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...y-Spoke-Wrench

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...oke-Wrench-Set

Good advice! I've got one on order!

Old 10-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #10

Not sure where you are at, but if you plan on riding in the cold,
this little guy is worth it's weight in platnum!!!!
clicky----> http://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour-C...mour+face+mask

Tags
newbie bashan 250