Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2023, 03:00 PM   #1

Hawk X with balanced engine

https://txpowersports.com/rps-new-ha...ne-hawk-x-250/

Old 07-13-2023, 09:52 PM   #2

I like how someone cropped out the kickstand removing the background from this picture, but didn't quite get around all the tire treads.

Other than that, I have nothing to add other than how quickly the 229cc CG engine bikes are starting to feel outdated now that there are so many overhead cam 249cc engined bikes to choose from. I guess there is a certain charm to these Hawk-alikes with their dinky engines and noodle forks, but I'm not about to rush out and buy another one now. Still, it's nice that they're remaining relatively inexpensive.

Old 07-13-2023, 10:40 PM   #3

Supply and demand. You really have to sit back and give credit to the Chinese. From what I understand these bikes started hitting the market roughly 12-15 years ago. Back then, they came direct from China, took weeks and often had major damage from shipping. Now, they come from Amazon, have mostly cosmetic damage and take days. I only found out about them like 3 or so weeks ago and was so compelled I blew just about my entire monthly nut on one. Now that more videos are being made about these things and put on YouTube, the serious demand is probably just now starting to hit.

They created that demand by giving us a little taste. And they seem to be adding quality here and there without pumping up the price too much. The ~$2000 price point is perfect to compete with sales of the $4000+ bikes that you can get from YamaHondaSakiZuki. I'm like give me a brand new bike with 70's tech for $1500 all day!

Talking heads on the news want to make out the Chinese like they're our enemy. I'm not so sure. It seems like they forgot we protected the Chinese from the Japanese during WWII, much like we're helping Ukraine from Russia.

China is the only country with half a chance against the U.S. and I just don't think they're stupid enough to try. I am dead certain the military has some new tech that they want to showcase to the world. Tech that will make nukes look like child's play. I mean, have you heard of Helios? And that's just what they're letting us know about...

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-13-2023, 10:48 PM   #4

We really should not be posting anything advertising goods from txpowersports or any Manny company ,at least without mentioning how much of a scumbag POS he is and that he is not a recommended seller in any way .

Old 07-14-2023, 08:18 AM   #5

Oh, crap! Sorry, guys. I didn't realize. I wasn't trying to promote any particular site, really. I just wanted to show the bike. Anyway, it's cheap fun but with a balanced motor. But, that being said, this entire website is an advertisement for Chinese motorsports, with people actively encouraging folks to buy more stuff from more Chinese companies to upgrade their Chinese bikes. Heck, I want a kickback too!

Old 07-14-2023, 01:37 PM   #6

It’s all good ,just try to warn people the seller is a scumbag that has screwed way to many other members .

Old 07-14-2023, 02:13 PM   #7

The beauty of this sort of thing, if you want to look at it that way, is that this same bike will start showing up from the same OEM but at other sellers soon enough, if it hasn't already.

And: As a Hawk-alike with the counterbalanced CG engine and Hawk style frame and plastics, isn't the real headline here that this is basically a discount CSC TT250?

Old 07-14-2023, 06:14 PM   #8

I knew balanced CG250s were a thing, Since they were installed in Janus motorcycles.

From what I understand the balance shaft on average robs about 1hp. So they are typically avoided on dirt/enduro models as comfort is not that high priority.

But having the frame allowance to fit a balance shaft engine opens up opportunity for much better power plants.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:01 PM   #9

The Bashan Storm, Brozz, and Recon have this 167FMM counterbalanced engine (my storm does, it is a nice engine).
They also have inverted forks, all three models. The storm is available for $1500 plus shipping. It has the 17"/19" wheels, but the Recon has the 19"/21" wheels. Maybe brozz does too. I put Tusk DSport Adventure on the rear and a good knobby on the front. It's excellent!