Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #1

Question What's the cheapest motorcycle you can get in USA/Canada?

I was wondering what's would be the cheapest motorcycle you can get, that you can ride on the street.

I thought maybe Hawk 250 or lineups from Venom or CSC, but if I look at Aliababa.com, there are a lot of motorcycle you can buy for $500 range.

The only problem is, they have minimum order amount and I don't think that includes shipping..

Anyways I was wondering what's the cheapest bike you can order that is street legal.

Old 05-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
cheapest motorcycle you can get
Are you not familiar with Craigslist?

Specific location?

Speed expectations?

Query seems somewhat juvenile . . do you actually have a motorcycle drivers license endorsement?

Old 05-28-2018, 05:07 PM   #3

The only problem is not the minimum order ,it’s things like are the bikes legal for sale in canada or the u.s. emissions wise ,also have the bikes been certified to meet safety requirements in the country of your choice ,and the list goes on from there .A few years ago there were many bikes coming in ,now there are only a few makes and models because the others were not legal to be on our roads .Look at the Hawk for instance ,most areas have allowed them on the road ,but there are some areas who have not and buyers from those areas are sometimes not very happy when they need to sell or return their bike .

Old 05-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #4

You are going to be looking for one of the 125cc GLV ('Grom Like Vehicles); most are 50 state legal(yes, including California). The lowest cost ones are either the Boom/Baodiao Vader or the Taotao Hellcat. Then again, if you look around, you will find full-size enduros for not much more.

http://www.superiorpowersports.com/
www.powersportsmax.com/

The above two should give you a sampling of what discount online retailers offer and at what price. Others will/should chime in with other retailers.

https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/ don't have enduros but do carry a few GLV 125cc bikes. Not the lowest cost, but have proved reliable to several members here; most have ordered the mini-125s from them, but they do offer a couple Ninja-like 125cc bikes that are kinda/sorta full size as compared to the minis.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Are you not familiar with Craigslist?

Specific location?

Speed expectations?

Query seems somewhat juvenile . . do you actually have a motorcycle drivers license endorsement?
Yes I do have a motorcycle license and have had several motorcycles in my life.

The reason why I am interested in Chinese bike is because of its price and ease of maintenance due to simple design.

I was interested in Cleveland Misfit but the price was a bit too steep for what it is. The I saw CSC but when I loI looked at Alibaba there are tons of other options available.

I am not intrested in 50cc bike unless it's something like Honda Z50.
Ideally I want something like Misfit but cheaper.