Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #1

TMEC, No problem in PA

Showed up at notary with MOS and bill of sale and walked out in 5 min with plate... Couldnt have been easier, i heard and was afraid ghis was going to be tough... No issues
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (98.1 KB, 113 views)

Old 05-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #2

Congrats on your purchase! The original sole US distributor for TMEC is called Excalibur Motorsports www.atv4usa.com, but thanks to a missed meeting at one of the trade shows, TMEC started selling the same bike through someone in Virginia and they put large decals and called it the 'Denali XT200' LOL. There is no difference other than the Denalis only come with 21" f/18" r knobbies, while the 'TMEC 200 Enduro' also comes available with 17" f/r motard-style wheels/tires. The Denali is also available in (super-duper fast KTM-style) orange, and blue, and maybe another color or two, while the Excalibur-distributed bikes come in either black or red. I have a 2009 TMEC and just put together a brand new one I bought directly from Excalibur--they have pretty much always had the parts I needed for the '09, so if you need parts (you will eventually) and your dealer/distributor cannot get them, try Excalibur.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #3

Oh, and start a thread--I will be starting one too. You will probably want to get a rear sprocket--JT Sprockets sells the only commercially available sprocket, and the only dealer that I could find that would sell to the US is in England (where JT is headquartered). I looked into getting one from the US office of JT, but it would be cheaper via the ebay seller I used. I did have a custom one made from Rebel Gears in 40 tooth, but that was way too high of gearing (made 5th an overdrive--had to get top speed in 4th) and it was too thin since it was made in an alloy. It had cut through about 3 chains before I put the 56 tooth back on (my old '09 model). But Rebel Gears does still have the pattern which is based on the European Derbi Senda 125 R model and a few others. The JT one is made in 54 teeth, 52, 50, and 48 (the smallest one they make) which is what I bought.

http://www.urbanbike.co.uk// I bought the JTR1134.48 JT also has the JTR1134.54 1134.52, etc, but those would not be worth it--48 is it!

http://rebelgears.com/ They work very quickly and had a quality product that probably worked too well for my cheap chains

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #4

tmec newbie,,,,,,,,where did you get your tmec denali from? and where did you get the paperwork done? I also am in PA.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:37 AM   #5

Thanks for posting the good report of easy registration in Pennsylvania.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894