Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2017, 06:43 AM   #1

Thumbs Up Maine Registration under 300cc

Hey guys,

Figured I'd let the Maine folk know that if they have a bike less than 300cc it does not require a title (How many bikes from China are grater than 300cc?). I recently registered my vader 125cc and it only cost me $60. I gave my bike to the GF as a gift, she sold it back for $200. Because the bike is from China they couldn't find an accurate price for the excise tax and just went off of my BOS. All in all I'm out $1360.55 for my bike delivered, registered. I'm not opposed to paying taxes, but money is tight right now so I'll call it a win.

Old 05-18-2017, 02:18 AM   #2

Thanks for posting that info. I'm from Southern Maine and looking at buying a Hawk 250.
I was wondering about the title issue. What paperwork is provided with these bikes?

Thanks again
Scott

Old 05-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4rscott View Post
Thanks for posting that info. I'm from Southern Maine and looking at buying a Hawk 250.
I was wondering about the title issue. What paperwork is provided with these bikes?

Thanks again
Scott
Most come with an MCO so you can get a title for it (I recommend doing this as you can sell it to someone out of state easier). My MCO wasnt properly filled out on the back so I just had my GF whip up a bill of sale and it made it pretty cheap.