Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2023, 08:30 AM   #1

its on its way

Bike left texas yesterday. I thought powersportsmax was in california. anyway, its set to be delivered on the 27th and I am psyched. I got my locktite, dialectric grease, axle grease, chain, sprocket, feeler guages, etc all ready.

Old 04-25-2023, 08:45 AM   #2

It's a good feeling having a new bike on the way.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-25-2023, 09:17 AM   #3

?? What bike would this be? You just bought and received a Templar X250 a short while ago.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 04-25-2023, 11:58 AM   #4

I went for the basic Hawk 250. I got a good deal and jumped on it. One thing I wonder though is this: when I got my lifan 200cc gy-5 years ago, i had to move the needle up to get it to cold start. Will i have that issue with the hawk? I am ordering a new carb, but wont have it for a few weeks and wanna at least get it running in the meanwhile. btw I am about 700 feet above sea.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
?? What bike would this be? You just bought and received a Templar X250 a short while ago.
No was going to get it but changed my mind to the the X-pect, then changed my mind twice on the color then changed my mind and got a hawk 250 for about 400 less than I would have paid for the x-pect. (I am sure that Zora got sick of my flip flopping)

I think changing my mind comes honest, my mama dyed her hair every few months. hehehe. I have yet to do that though.

PS: I purchased on layaway plan.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
I went for the basic Hawk 250. I got a good deal and jumped on it. One thing I wonder though is this: when I got my lifan 200cc gy-5 years ago, i had to move the needle up to get it to cold start. Will i have that issue with the hawk? I am ordering a new carb, but wont have it for a few weeks and wanna at least get it running in the meanwhile. btw I am about 700 feet above sea.
The stock needle has no adjustment. Most people shim it with a washer or two. The real issues with the stock carb are the main jet being very lean and the idle mixture being adjusted very lean as well. The bowl is sealed with tamper-proof screws and the idle mixture has a plastic plug blocking it off. They can be removed if you slot the screws with a dremel or small hacksaw blade and the mixture cap can be taken out with a pick and/or drill bit. There are videos on YouTube that cover that stuff.

Once you unseal the stock carb you can install a 105 - 110 main jet and set the idle mixture to around 1 1/2 turns. If you want an adjustable needle simply buy any pz30 rebuild kit as they come with one. Honestly, there isn't anything wrong with the stock carb once you take those steps.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 04-25-2023, 12:19 PM   #7

Okay so I will place the washers underneath the clip thus raising the needle? Where can i get these washers?

Old 04-25-2023, 12:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Okay so I will place the washers underneath the clip thus raising the needle? Where can i get these washers?
You want very thin. You can always add more if needed. I made my own from the pull off top of a potted meat, or Vienna sausage can. An aluminum cat food can would work well too.

Last edited by Bill Hilly; 04-25-2023 at 11:38 PM.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
You want very thin. You can always add another if needed. I made my own from the pull off top of a potted meat, or Vienna sausage can. An aluminum cat food can would work well too.
When I read your comment the first thing that popped into my head was the movie Slingblade and Karl saying, "You got any of that there potted meat..mmm hmmm?"

I am sure my son in law will help me figure something out.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:37 PM   #10

Quote:
When I read your comment the first thing that popped into my head was the movie Slingblade and Karl saying, "You got any of that there potted meat..mmm hmmm?"

I am sure my son in law will help me figure something out.
I know a lot of people don't care for it, but I always liked it mixed with Miracle Whip. I think I will pass on the mustard, and biscuits though. Ummm Huh.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hilly View Post
I know a lot of people don't care for it, but I always liked it mixed with Miracle Whip. I think I will pass on the mustard, and biscuits though. Ummm Huh.
I loved the part where he was ordering french fries and the kid asks if he wants the small order or large and he says, " I reckon I'll take some of the bigguns then."

Slingblade is a classic and even had Dwight Yokum as the bad guy. My oldest daughter still occasionally watches it again.

Old 04-25-2023, 12:47 PM   #12

Old 04-25-2023, 12:55 PM   #13

There is a guy on YouTube that has posted several videos of himself ordering at fast food windows , while impersonating Sling blade. Some are pretty funny.

Old 04-25-2023, 09:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Any hardware store. You want stainless steel Metric 3mm washers for a perfect fit. They are 0.5mm thick so use two.

Old 04-25-2023, 10:14 PM   #15

I used brass ones from local hardware,install two runs great. Stock carburetor is good with me,also changed jet thinking a 120.