Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #1

Viva vx250pr kicked aZZ

Today I went out with a Yamaha 250 4stroke, and 2 quads, 450 and 500cc. This place is amazing. Out in the middle of nowhere. Its called red sands in el paso. Alot of dunes, even more trails with sharp turns and lots of whoopies. We pretty much played follow the leader all day. The Yamaha couldn't keep up at all and I stayed right on the quads asses. For being a china bike it took a pounding today. Found a dried up creek bed and took it off the edge in 4th maxed out. It was a good 5 foot drop and took it fine. All the riders I was with were freaking out about how good the bike kept up.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #2

wow, 5 foot drop thats pretty long way down. Did the bike bottom out or just take it in her stride? maybe some of the people that criticize Chinese bike better keep quite and concentrate on there riding otherwise there gonna eat out dust lol.

keep up the good work

Dan

Old 10-08-2007, 01:44 AM   #3

I'm also curious how the suspension handled that kind of height. I've been eyeballing those "motocross" style chinese bikes and am still a bit curious about how well the suspension performs.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #4

I'm not going to lie. I really didn't think the bike would handle such a drop. I'm close to 6'2 around 240lbs and it took it quite well. Yes the rear shock did bottom out. The front suspension feels really good when I take it off drops or jump it off 3-4 foot hills. I've ridin this bike every weekend since I bought it and i have only changed the oil in it. I ride hard. I try to brake it everytime I ride. It just keeps kickin. It suprised me when I received the bike and everything already had locktight on it. Over all the 1350 dollars I spent on it was well worth the money. I would guarantee if you weighed under 200lbs you wouldn't have any problems taking it off big jumps. This thing is really put together well.