Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #1

Apollo 350cc dirt bike

hi guys brand new to the form hereI have an 08 Apollo 250cc dirt bikegot the bike from a friend of mine gasoline was coming from the Overflow tube on the bottom of the bowl ordered a new card for good for about 20 minutes then started doing the same things I was wanting to see if anyone can give me the valve clearance on it and what the compression on it should be other than that it's a great riding bikeany input would be very much appreciated thank you I got the bike for nothing not wanting to put a lot of money in it would like to get it running good

Old 03-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #2

did you clean out the tank?

Old 03-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #3

yes it was sitting for 2 years I clean the tank out as best as I couldand it's a brand new Keenan 30 millimeter carburetorlike I said the bike runs great other than it coming out of the bottom of the bowl for the Overflowit can't find too much information around where I live on these types of bikes I was told it could be a tight valve or it could be a compression issue

Old 03-03-2017, 11:03 AM   #4

was wanting to reset the valves today and try that and do a compression check on it

Old 03-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #5

sounds more like it might be float adjustment.

I don't know the valves off hand, but I'd guess they might be close to what the hawk's motor is set at. if nothing else, you can do a search and find that info here.

it's easy to pop the valve cover off. have you checked to see what the current settings are?

Old 03-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #6

no not yet any info I got from the bike shops around here they're saying it could be a tight valve exhaust got a little red at first when it was running good i didnt get red at all so that's what may be leading me to the valves

Old 03-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #7

when the carburetor wasn't leaking from the Overflow it did not get red at all I should have said