Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2019, 07:18 AM   #1

Will Grom Big Bore Kits Work On Vaders?

Title says it all: Will Grom Big Bore Kits Work On Vaders? Will they fit? Comments, questions and thoughts all welcome. I havent bothered looking up Honda specs, and barely spent any time on a Grom or around Groms. I did send this same question to a website that sells Grom BBKs and waiting to hear back from them--maybe I'm impatient! Im trying to decide whether to do a BBK for between $150 and $400+ depending on which cylinder size I get and if the kit also comes with a head and other parts. My second next thing to look at would be to get a ZS190. OR maybe onsider a 140cc or higher crate engine if it went on a big enough sale. Ride safe and thanks!

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me

Old 06-04-2019, 09:37 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaxwell View Post
Title says it all: Will Grom Big Bore Kits Work On Vaders? Will they fit? Comments, questions and thoughts all welcome. I havent bothered looking up Honda specs, and barely spent any time on a Grom or around Groms. I did send this same question to a website that sells Grom BBKs and waiting to hear back from them--maybe I'm impatient! Im trying to decide whether to do a BBK for between $150 and $400+ depending on which cylinder size I get and if the kit also comes with a head and other parts. My second next thing to look at would be to get a ZS190. OR maybe onsider a 140cc or higher crate engine if it went on a big enough sale. Ride safe and thanks!
I don't think it will. The Honda Grom and pit bike engines are similar but have minute differences. For instance, the Kitaco clutch cover for a Grom will not fit a grom clone.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:38 AM   #3

Give Kronik Racing a call and tell them what you want to do and are looking for . I don't think Grom parts / kits will work on the Grom clones but there ARE big bore kits that will work out there .

You can contact Kronik at Phone: (805) 630-7223 , they don't open until 12 noon tho, i think .I'll try and see if i can find my notes for chinese 125cc big bore kits , i had the info at one time , i think the issue between kits for chinese engines and grom engines is bore/stroke difference as well as connecting rod wristpin dimensional differences. ,i.e. the pin that holds the piston to the connecting rod on a Grom motor is a different size than the one in a chinese engine iirc, i could be wrong on the wristpin tho and it's confined to the bore / stroke issue .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 06-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #4

Forgot to mention.

If you want a bore kit... they make bore kits for pit bike engines (what the grom clone uses).

But best bang for your buck is still the ZS190 as it gives you parts availability (daytona anima engine parts) as well as a 5-speed transmission.

Old 06-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
Forgot to mention.

If you want a bore kit... they make bore kits for pit bike engines (what the grom clone uses).

But best bang for your buck is still the ZS190 as it gives you parts availability (daytona anima engine parts) as well as a 5-speed transmission.
I agree the ZS is great. Also the 141/146cc BBK is $149.50 and I think it adds 2hp whereas the ZS 190cc is 18hp & adds about 10hp to the stock 125cc 8hp engine. I have seen the ZS 190cc selling for as much as over $750 (not sure if it goes cheaper elsewhere) whiplus as far as what little I know the ZS definitley needs some different parts to make it work like new exhaust. I would ratrher have the ZS, but if there were a BBK in the 170cc range for under $200 for cylinder/piston for the Vader like the BBkits Grom has then it would make the BBK more attractive as long as reliability isn't thrown out the window

I was loooking at BBKs last night, found a 64mm YX/ZS BBK (clone engine is YX) that WOULD make the 125cc engine about a 174cc IF it were to fit...
I got all excited but then noticed the BBkit was being advertised for ZS 155cc and YX 160cc....with no mention of the little 125cc YX workhorse....so I don't think this cylinder (linked below) will fit our 125cc....?

Also I will be calling Kronik for sure about performance parts when Im ready to go ahead and upgrade to whatever I decide on

https://tboltusa.com/store/tbparts-1...d-p-10852.html

"Life's too short not to enjoy it-So's my China Bike!"-Me