Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #1

Good experience in Minnesota

FWIW, licensing my Chinese clone of the CT-70 here in Minnesota was a breeze. Went in to the DMV with the MCO, Minnesota form PS2000-45, a print out of the receipt, and checkbook. In about 15 minutes and $96 later I had the plates.

Today, I received the title in the mail which took 18 business days; that actually isn’t too bad considering the hopelessly messed up DMV system we have here in Minnesota.

This cycle has a VIN beginning with “L” if that matters to anyone. Be sure to have the motor number also.

I knew this going in from reading many reviews, but the biggest headache of the entire process turned out to be that of attempting to get the MCO from the dealer. What should have been a simple process was met with stonewalling and veiled suggestions that I was lying about having even asked for it. WTH? I finally had to put leverage on by starting a credit card dispute, and only then did I get any action.

But all is good and the CT-70 clone is running great.
2009 Suzuki DR650

Old 05-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #2

I just got a Boom Vader went into my local DMV with the MCO and they told me to wait for their supervisor, got a call back later saying I'll need to get the bike inspected, since it didn't have a federal stamp on the MCO.

Does this sound right? I've heard of issues with my local DMV before with just making everything a hassle.