Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #16

Awesome! Any upgrades planned?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #17

No I'm just going to ride the wheels off it - well I do have an electric boat horn on the way to get rid of the beep beep horn. I have been looking for a year at the CCW's Tha Heist. I need something a little bigger to ride back and forth to work. Although with this muffler mod, it should be more reliable. It's almost like the Yamaha engineers didn't plan on riding the scooter after they designed it. Any one who thinks a 8 pound muffler would be secure with a 1/2 inch of threads on a 3 1/2 inch bolt is nuts. I guess they never heard of vibration and stress fatigue!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #18

So, you've decided against the big bore kit for the Vino?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #19

I think the Vino will do what I want now that I have a muffler solution - provided Johnny Law doesn't think it's too loud. My biggest complaint about the Vino was always cracking the muffler weld. That is resolved now. Of course a big bore kit is much cheaper than a Heist. Who knows? I am a Patriot Guard rider so it would be helpful to have a bigger bike to go to the funerals, although if the mission is farther away I could always drive my cage. I'm as bad as a politician always changing my mind. I will keep you informed.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:01 AM   #20

My question is has anyone made a adapter bracket to mount a gy6 motor to a 125 vino. My original vino motor is un repairable motor swap with the gy6 I currently have is my only option