Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2024, 08:58 AM   #1726

I requested my MSO to say "motorcycle" too but instead received "off road motorcycle", supposedly they are sending another one out but I still haven't received the "motorcycle" mso for my 150 despite waiting almost two weeks now. PSM.

Old 05-20-2024, 10:27 AM   #1727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen Rider View Post
I requested my MSO to say "motorcycle" too but instead received "off road motorcycle", supposedly they are sending another one out but I still haven't received the "motorcycle" mso for my 150 despite waiting almost two weeks now. PSM.

They sent me a Manufacturer Certificate of Origin (MCO) for three bikes now, and my son got one too.

What did they send you (What is an MSO) ?
Maybe ask them for a corrected Manufacturer Certificate of Origin in case they don't know what you are asking.

This is what it looks like, shows MCO at the top:

Click image for larger version

Name:	L1UGCNLBXNA000104-MCO.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	926.4 KB
ID:	31458

Old 05-20-2024, 10:55 AM   #1728

MCO = MSO different term for the same thing. Manufacturer's Statement of Origin.
1976 Yamaha DT175
1974 Honda MT125

Old 05-22-2024, 06:52 PM   #1729

Muffler cover cut mod

You can't remove the panel that covers the tailpipe without removing the luggage rack. EASY FIX

Once you remove the 8mm bolt that holds the seat on, you can't remove the right side cover because the front luggage rack mount goes through it. So cut it!

Here are the before and after pics. The bolt that holds the seat on holds this cover in place anyway, so this doesn't do anything except allow you to pull off the side cover (second 8mm bolt lower/forward) WITHOUT removing the luggage rack.

Note: the decal protection hasn't been removed yet, so you can see that unpeeled near the cut.

Before cut

Name:	BeforeCut.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	31471

After cut

Name:	AfterCut.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	481.8 KB
ID:	31472

Old 05-22-2024, 07:26 PM   #1730

Yup, did that mod to my side panels a while ago.
Left them alone when I first assembled because I wanted to pull the rear rack and loctite the bolts in place.
Makes a world of difference instead of fighting with the rack. Also made getting the seat on and off easier since there's less pressure on the seat bolts
1976 Yamaha DT175
1974 Honda MT125

Old Yesterday, 04:37 AM   #1731

You know what's weird? The tag "X7-CB250F" identifies our bikes on the handlebar but when you go to Alibaba and look at that exactly model being sold by Wuyi Zuma the frame is different at the engine cradle. It almost appears as if the Templar X has a frame that would fit the ZS174MN engine.

The Templar X engine is stamped "ZS172FMM-3A" but it is clearly a "ZS172FMM-5" because of the balance shaft.

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM   #1732

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumen Rider View Post
You know what's weird? The tag "X7-CB250F" identifies our bikes on the handlebar but when you go to Alibaba and look at that exactly model being sold by Wuyi Zuma the frame is different at the engine cradle. It almost appears as if the Templar X has a frame that would fit the ZS174MN engine.
The Templar X engine is stamped "ZS172FMM-3A" but it is clearly a "ZS172FMM-5" because of the balance shaft.
We rejet the slow/pilot 40 to 42, but I don't have a 125 main (ordered). Also drilled the airscrew and set to 1.5 turns initial setting and shimmed the needle ~1mm. We will see how badly WOT is affected by leaving the 120 main jet in there. But not for at least a few hundred miles break-in.

The frame is redesigned somewhere between my 2022 and this 2024 frame. There are lots of differences like the clutch adjuster, and clutch cable routing in front of the cylinder, the starter relay mounts, the engine mounts (top and front look very different). There is even less room to get in to adjust the intake valve. The tail light wiring is zip tied to the left lower luggage rack mount (good) but the connectors need to be wrapped and then ziptied back.

And I noticed the glaring 172FMM-3A stamp as well. Now this is puzzling. This "3A" stamp was on the early 6 speed engine I bought, then sold. I thought they were just using up left side -3A case halves, but they still mark these -3A . Isn't it a "-5" ???

I don't understand the way parts are freely cloned and crossmatched on Chinese products. It must be confusing for engineers and assemblers!

And yes, I do wonder how difficult it would be to put a liquid jacketed 298cc engine in there and mount radiators to the air louvre positions

Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM   #1733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
The tail light wiring is zip tied to the left lower luggage rack mount (good) but the connectors need to be wrapped and then ziptied back.

They've wired it the exact same way as the Storm 150 DLX that I have.

Quote:
And I noticed the glaring 172FMM-3A stamp as well. Now this is puzzling. This "3A" stamp was on the early 6 speed engine I bought, then sold. I thought they were just using up left side -3A case halves, but they still mark these -3A . Isn't it a "-5" ???

I don't understand the way parts are freely cloned and crossmatched on Chinese products. It must be confusing for engineers and assemblers!

I wonder if it's to get around import or emissions restrictions? That's the only thing I can think of.

Quote:
And yes, I do wonder how difficult it would be to put a liquid jacketed 298cc engine in there and mount radiators to the air louvre positions

I have a CB300RL that's on it's way to me to swap into the Templar, looking back I should have gotten a water cooled engine but then again I made the order before the bike showed up and I know that the 300RL is a direct swap. Maybe after I sell my ZRX1200R and the GSX1100G I have sitting in the garage I will get a water cooled bike off of Alibaba instead of paying the crazy Kayo/GPX prices.

Old Yesterday, 09:05 AM   #1734

Re: the Kayo/GPX prices, the GPX TSE250R and FSE250e and s models are about the only ones that are affordable anymore. Once you start looking at their 300cc models and up (both 2 and 4 stroke), you might as well just go ahead and buy a big 4 Japanese bike brand new. I’ve heard GPX owners say, “But dude, it’s half the price of an equivalent KTM….” and my response is, “But yeah, it’s pretty much the same price as a YZ125x, a DRZ400, or a DR650s…and most people will have to make payments on that kind of $ regardless, so why not just go with a Big 4 Japanese bike?"

Last edited by Dusman; Yesterday at 11:33 AM.