View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #22

Ok - more "progress"!

Started to strip all the electrical gubbins from their lazy assed untidy frame mountings and grind off all unnecessary bracketry to clear up the magic triangle..

And started to fabricate a template for an under-seat tray to house aforementioned electrics, including the battery.

Here's the tray bent into shape.. (from a piece of rusted steel I found in a skip)

And in situ...

Decided on the tank to use, but it had a massive dent in it, and an opening at the back end that needed filling..

So cut a metal plate to fill the back opening of the tank and cracked open the stinky filler..

Started fabricating a wooden ply base for the seat, and ground off a good 8 inches of frame from the back of the bike.

And messing around with foam (cut out of the original seat foam of course)

Cut a recess for the cheap chinese ebay light and number plate bracket to fit into.

And where I'm up to right now, started stitching my own seat cover out of an old tan leather (real leather) sofa cushion cover I found rotting in a customer's garden.

I know it still looks rough as hell, but I've never done anything like this before and I'm pretty chuffed with the way it's going so far. It's really taking shape, and what's more is that I've spent under £50 so far, with the only expenditure being a new gel battery and the back light... Anyone wanna sell me a front light dirt cheap?

I realise a 'street tracker' look might not appeal to most, but I like the way it's going!