View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 10:37 AM   #1

"Perpetual" throttle position sensor.

Some time after buying a motorcycle, problems began to arise. Periodically, the engine idling speed began to float, sometimes it stalled at idle speed, responded badly to the throttle handle, and poured fuel at full throttle opening.
Suspicions were of improper operation of the idle speed regulator and the throttle position sensor.
The idle speed regulator was removed and cleaned, visually it worked properly, without jamming. It remains to deal with the throttle position sensor.
I wanted to order an original one from China, but the delivery is very long.
I decided to find an alternative. Having shoveled a bunch of information, I found a car sensor that is fully compatible with our engine.
The most interesting thing is that this sensor is practically "eternal". The non-contact sensor works on the principle of changing capacitance, not resistance. It has no variable resistor, no rubbing contact pairs.
By installing this sensor, I got rid of all the problems.
Smooth operation of the engine at idle, does not stall at idle, reacts evenly linearly without interruption to the throttle handle, does not overflow at high speeds, the engine runs very smoothly (like a clock), the thrust is better!
The motorcycle has changed!
Attached Images