View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 04:41 PM   #40

Those are nice stands, Weld.

However, unlike my other motorcycles, the RX3 really wants to lift the front wheel, no matter how far back you place the jack. If you use a lift stand, you will definitely need to weight the front of the bike to loft the rear wheel. In fact, I think it is just about impossible to loft both wheels at the same time, because of the location of the circular mounts for the centerstand. Also, a lot of lift stands designed for dirt bikes won't adjust low enough to fit under the perimeter frame of the RX3.

I really like using the Husky jack for this purpose, since it is very unobtrusive, and allows wonderful access to the lower shock linkage. Since this linkage doesn't have any grease zerks, it will certainly need to be disassembled periodically for inspection, and lubrication.

Of course, the CSC centerstand will also work very well, as long as you weight the front wheel.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894