View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 12:14 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodlandsprite View Post
Ugh. I think there is a lot of inconsistency in the preload setup on the bikes. I noticed very little rider sag when I got on my bike...very different feeling than when I get on my husband's bike. (Not a euphamism ).

I am guessing this means I'm going to have to try to back off the preload by a fair bit? Is there an obvious 'zero' preload position?. Looks like I need to go shopping for another tool
I counted the number of complete turns required to completely remove the preload from the shock spring. In other words, the spring was completely uncompressed, and there was a visible gap between the spring and the locking ring. Since I only counted three complete turns to this position, I knew the spring preload was at its minimum setting. Therefore, I tightened the spring three complete turns, and returned to the minimal preload setting, before I began my adjustments. I measured all adjustments from this mimimal preload setting, and finally settled at six full turns tighter than the mimimal preload setting.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894