View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 01:26 AM   #14

A story unfolds.

I think I am piecing out the turn of events that lead to the previous owner to dump the bikes.

I'm not sure what was the original reason for the rebuild...but there is a new cam timing chain in the parts basket.

However during his attempt at the rebuild 1 of the head through studs snapped...heading down that rabbit hole it looks like a complete gasket kit, new cylinder and piston kit was purchased...

however the snapped stud was stuck in the case and an attempt to remove and subsequent drill out and thread tap was made...which resulted in a offset and askew...

I think then the seller went and found the 81 as an engine donor....but that engine is in pretty locked up shape...

I believe he then gave up on the engine rebuild found the 2011 with a china motor in it took that engine and opted to offload.

I am going to attempt a JB weld and re-tap of the stud mount hole.

the 81 engine will require a case split which I'm not equipped to deal with. The gear shift rod is bent and the foot lever is welded to it.

I have order some JIS screw bits and a hammer impact screwdriver. to tear down as far as possible and hopefully get a replacement stud out of it.
Attached Images