View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 12:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
After your rx3 research, do you think this is doable? (65-70mph)

I don't own an rx3
from what I have seen on here, it appears doable. One user "pyoungbl" mentioned fully loaded with camping gear his tops out at 74 on gps, which is pretty good. 65 wouldn't be killing it, and frankly every car I've ever had also had speedo error, so going a true 74 most cars around you are probably indicating near 80.

I'm going to use mostly non-highway routes if possible. For example, just doing a quick google maps route from say me to Denver comes in at 18hrs and change, and if I do that same route and use the "avoid highways" option, it's 23hrs and change. Spread that out over 3.5 days to get out there, an additional 1.5hr per day isn't a big thing. Besides what I discovered on my last trip is "it's the ride, not the destination" in many respects and I really enjoying riding, even on the street, or I wouldn't be into long trips.

As I'm doing more route research and all this preliminary fun stuff, I'm finding out lots about the Trans America Trail, and may try and mix some of that into the actual trip out. I'm in no hurry, literally and figuratively. I really enjoy the scenery and the whole experience of it all.