View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 05:20 PM   #19

Front wheel axle brake rotor Fork

Need to finish up a few things on the front wheel. They call these bearings "sealed" but using a utility knife you can get under the cover and pop out the side plate revealing the bearings and grease and it was so done for inspection.

TIP: Use zoom function to get a close look at those bearings.

Those ball bearings turn something like 2666 RPM on a bike with 3 to 1 gearing at 8000 rpm?

I once pried the side off an ALL BALLS bearing before putting it on my HAWK and it was filled with blue grease which looked similar to this one in consistency and amount. I researched it, The ALL BALLS are filled with a CHEVRON special wheel bearing grease. The other side has a seal and rather than damage that seal in taking it out I opt to gamble and assume it looks like this one. Both turn okay, call it good.

Both front bearings are labeled: 6301 2RS/X1
The front axle bolt is 12mm in diameter with a length of 8.75 inches

The front brake rotor measures 10 1/2 inch in diameter. I will leave it to those with a need to know to convert it to MM. It is 4mm thick.

I put a tape on the HAWK and found out the X pect front forks are for all purposes of the same dimensions 35 inches long, top leg diameter 31mm, bottom leg diameter at the seal HAWK 52mm, Xpect 50mm, bottom furthest diameter near axle 40mm.

Although of the same dimensions the Xpect fork has a part number inscribed and they do look to be of better quality especially the seals.

Last edited by China Rider 27; 11-20-2021 at 10:49 PM.