View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 12:12 PM   #40

Thanks Lukas....but I figured it out.... last night it was dark out there and I couldn't see the plug very well.....took the seat off again a bit ago and looked at the plug and after studying it for a bit I could see that there was a CAP on the plug it self..... like DUH !!!!...
...i took off that cap and what do you know, it's the male end of the adapter cable I got....( that I thought was wrong...) and it plugs right into the plug in like it is supposed to ! (imagen that !)
anyway after fighting the laptop to get it to work which it finally did, we hooked it up and i started the bike and switched to that screen and it showed everything like it should... no errors or anything
....I then tried to down load a copy of the ECU but ran into a snag it said to unplug the ECU to make a fresh copy.... I did, and then it wouldn't down load anything ( obviously as it was unplugged, but that is what it said to do! )
it was near impossible to see the screen of the laptop with the sun's glare
so I decided to give it a rest.
BUT SUCCESS IT ACTUALLY WORKS ! now it's trying to figure out the program, how to down load a copy of the ECU and where it will put it on the computer and finding it again....and then seeing if I can change a parameter of something and flash it onto the bike and see if it actually changes it !
.... then it will be a long slow struggle to understand what everything does in that little ECU.....
....on my 2021 RX4 it has a MT05 ECU not the MT05 2.5 it says on it definitely MT05 and nothing more...

I would like to copy a file of it Running like the example files that are on the HUD ECU HACKER.... that way I could study it better late at night when everyone else is asleep and I'm awake (like normal)
have you ever done that Lukas ?????
I think for all intents and purposes having the bike in the shop is going to be alot better than out in the yard so I'll probably move it back into the shop soon....

Success ! that was a hard won battle ! LOL
.... but I can see my bike running on the computer now ! that is progress !

Bob.......