View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 08:48 AM   #30

Just catching up on this thread. To the OP, riding on the street is really not more dangerous than on trails. I've been down 4 times now on my KLR and that's more than my 40 years of street riding combined. I use one of my bikes for commuting every day the weather permits. You certainly have to adjust your approach and watch/learn/understand signs of what people are going to do in cages, but it's a learned skill. I'd suggest you start out slow and build your skills up. if you pay close attention you will learn some of the techniques of lane positioning for better visibility and watching for clues as to others intentions. might be a slight movement of a wheel, might be eye contact with another driver, or at least seeing where their eyes are. avoidance movements on your part. when to slow down or speed up to avoid situations. these things all come with time, experience and training.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.