View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 08:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This is why I try to stay off the roads. I gave up a few incredible road bikes in the past after scary situations. We are no match for cars and trucks. And around here they drive 4 door F250s and 2500s, and Escalades and Suburbans way over the speed limit changing multiple lanes without turn signals all the time. And intersections are nuts. No place for anything under 2000 lbs.
Yeah, I totally agree! And I am nervous when I take my 2000 Mustang out on the road! I mean really, a freekin' CIVIC sits higher than I do! I also do allot of mountain biking. Talk about being exposed! One time, I was trying to take a right at an intersection. There was this massive 18 wheeler that pulled up next to me. As the light changed, he decided to cut the turn short. Pretty much left me NO choice but to ditch it into the brush next to me!

One thing she joked about was that I could do what her and her brother used to do. Ride the bike down the road until you see a cop in the distance. Jump off, push it. 'I'm not riding it officer...I'm PUSHING it!"