View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #1

new guy here with dr70 issues

Hey guys been shadowing the site for a while and finally decided to join. You guys really seem to know your stuff about hensims so here goes.

So one of my frequent customers and long time friends brings me this bike he picked up for $100. Its a hensim baja dr70 4speed semiauto. When it runs, it runs amazingly, shifts fine, goes fast as hell for a 70cc. The problem... getting it to run in the first place.

Previous owner beat it pretty bad and said it would only run off 40:1 mix gas. Sure enough that's what it ran on the only 2 times I've gotten it started. I've since cleaned everything up with some seafoam deepcreep and rebuilt the carb. I can't get it to fire on straight 87oct. At all. I've got spark its getting fuel (it backfires every 20 kicks or so) and the most ill get out of it is a put put put puff. I've pulled all the wiring (the enormous 9 wire harness.. ) and cleaned all of the contacts and connections. I've cleaned the mud from the magneto and the magnet. And I got nothing.

Coil is good, cdi (dci?)is good. There's no reed valve to clean or replace. And I get gas out of the carb occasionally. Choke setting or throttle position don't seem to matter.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction I would be grateful!