View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 10:35 PM   #10

I have always heated up the engine for a few minutes before dropping the "shipping oil". Zongshen doesn't provide them bare dry. They put oil in them. And Zongshen wouldn't put garbage in there

I would agree that $5 worth of a known multiplate clutch friendly oil should go into it before I ride it, but I am not worried at all about the first heat cycle. I run it for 5 or 10 minutes and get it warmed up, revving moderately to shake things loose.

In my opinion, that first heat cycle is meant to suspend particles. I have the thing on the rack and the drain plug is already loose enough to drop the oil the second I shut it off. As I said it's all about eliminating any metal filings I can possibly flush. AND, draining completely so the new oil isn't dilluted.

And my second oil change is about 50 to 75 miles in. Again, another $5 out of pocket. No biggy. I've been amazed at the stability and quality of the Zongshen engines in the Chinese bikes I've owned. The Storm was the oldest (sold), the original Templar X 5 speed is the new oldest. The thing springs to life instantly, runs perfectly. So did the Storm. In fact, the Storm had a remote starter. It worked instantly, every time.