View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 04:28 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I hate to be the one to say it but I'm going to say it. We the people who buy the RX3 are cheap a$$
I have always felt that there is a distinct difference between being "Cheap" and just not having enough disposable income from month to month.

I too am obviously self employed. And I range from negative disposable income to an excess from month to month, and it varies wildly and I can never count on anything. But when it comes to something that I want to buy, what I feel is a good bargain for the price (sometimes the best, sometimes not) I never let my negative cash flow stop me from getting what I want. I just put it in my mind that is something that I'm going to obtain. Don't know when, don't know how... but I know that it's already mine!

Being "Cheap" has bitten me in the arse more times than I can count. So, now my philosophy is "Cry Once" (get the good stuff now, wince at the price, but knowing that I won't have to buy another one or have to upgrade too soon)

Which kinda brings me to the point of why I think the Cyclone is a good bargain and a good platform to develop aftermarket parts for. There should be many people who buy this bike as at least their 3rd bike in their stable, and who want to build it up in a way that makes theirs unique and bullet-proof over what the factory put out. I may be completely off base in that assessment, but look at what's happened to the KLR over the last 30 years.