View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 09:33 PM   #58

Hey mboss, welcome! I was going to post an update on the dealer aspect of my recent buy on the Rhino. I give Texas Powersports 5 STARS all the way. It was lowest price I could find $1229 delivered, and I'm always extra cautious when it's the lowest $. Sometimes you get the lowest in other areas when that is the case. But with TXP, I'm glad to say it's all good. Their communication was almost instant by email, spoke on the phone to check what colors they had, and I only had one part break (not sure when it happened, in shipping or later). They asked for a picture, and sent it out with the bill of sale info SAME DAY! The bike itself came earlier than the 7 day UPS free delivery standard stated on the site. If you read this whole thread, you'll see any of my problems were just learning curve, being my first quad.

As far as ice fishing, I can't speak from experience, but you can find videos of guys plowing snow in slick conditions, so my guess is no problem. FLASLIGHTBOY definitely knows these machines. I would add... get some chains for the rear tires... extra grip might be needed. As an old trucker once told me, "I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."

I'll chime in with anything that might be of help to you. All the best!

EDIT: I guess I started typing just before Darth posted. YEP, chains. Also, the snow plowing vids I've seen are almost all the smaller quads, so they can take a beating.