View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 05:09 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by uphill View Post
Crazy. I checked the fuse earlier, but as soon as I posted, I thought I should probably check it again. YEP, that's it. I was just assuming it couldn't be b/c I wasn't even going anywhere, but I found out what blew it. It WAS the back brake electrical contact. the contact housing itself is busted, so it would be hanging loose or off, causing it to arc--bye-bye fuse.

Unfortunately I realized it after it blew the spare fuse. Gorilla taped the housing, picking up more fuses tomorrow, then see if I can actually get some fun in on this puppy
Time to upgrade to a ATC style automotive fuse... for most applications I like to use Bussmann CB222 Type II fuse in whatever amps you need

No more replacing fuses when it trips and kills the engine/electrics for whatever dumb reason... just turn the key OFF (fuse is "reset", electrics "work" again), then find the problem that caused it to trip, fix the issue, turn key to ON and start the engine... life is so much better with a "circuit breaker fuse"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.