View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #27

Update:

I've been messing with the baffle more. As pictured above, I ran the row of holes to the end, on all three rows. I played with the spark block moving it into different spots. The best it ran, with the best throttle response was obviously in the last location, with the most holes exposed.

So yesterday, I decided to drill 3 more holes each, between the rows of holes, adding some intermediate exit holes. (9 total)
I'm not sure if it changed the running personality....but it sure made it louder to the rider.

Odd thing was, Mrs. 2LZ was behind me on the TT and neighbor Ron was also back there on Q...and both said the RX3 was very quiet to them. Ron said the TT was louder with the new pipe. Boy, you couldn't have told me that from where I was sitting. Mrs. 2LZ rode the RX3 later in the day and said that it is loud in the riders seat. I was on the TT and it sounded nice and quiet when I was behind it. Weird.

The muffler exits about the same place the stock one did. I'm thinking of moving it back further past the bag to see if I can move some of that noise away. Other than that, so far, happy.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350