View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 10:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
Has anyone experienced their engine just cutting off during a downshifting slow down?

I was going about 60mph on the highway yesterday morning. When I got on the off/on ramp to merge onto the interstate I started to downshift to slow my speed with light braking. As I began my right turn onto the the interstate on ramp, I was then in 2nd gear with brakes engaged for the sharp turn and the bike just cut off on me. It started right back up and I kept going, but it cut off. I couldn't believe it. I had mentioned it to my husband and he had told me that had happened to him as he was downshifting and slowing going downhill somewhere.

Any idea why guys?
Both my wife and I had it happen about 30 seconds appart from each other on a long run back from Texas Hill Country on I-10. Mine died on the ramp when I pulled in the clutch and my wife pulled up behind me and her's died. Turns out we had both run out of gas while taking the ramp to the gas station (both bikes where loaded with gear 75 mph) we ran out sooner than we expected. They both started back up and we made it to the station. My RX3 ran like crap after filling up for 10 or so miles spitting and sputtering could barley get it to 60 mph. It cleared up but I ran injector cleaner through both bikes once we got home and its been good so far. With all the flooding here in Southeast Texas I wouldn't be surprised if we had gotten bad fuel with water in it.
2015 RX3 Cyclone (White)
2015 RX3 Cyclone (Orange)
2016 Honda CB500X