View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard_Cain View Post
I'm half-tempted to buy a CSC SG250 for putzing around town just because CSC seems like awesome people.
An SG250 or TT250 make awesome around town errand bikes. If you need to do short stretches of highway, consider a 45 tooth rear sprocket, to calm down the engine revs.

Just an FYI - the 2019 and onwards SG250 has undergone several upgrades since the Revzilla review. Basically everything that they complained about has been improved, apart from the big ass rear brake lever. It now has an LED headlamp, upside down forks, disc brake in the rear in place of the drum brake on their review bike, and an all stainless steel exhaust instead of the black painted steel on the 2018 model. Zhongshen also replaced the two pod mechanical gauges with a single pod LCD set up. The chain is still a non o-ring design, so very short life. I would cut it off and replace it with a good EK, RK or D.I.D. brand 428 chain as soon as I got it. That's what I did on my TT250 and I haven't had any issues with it, which is the way I like things.