Thread: How's the seat?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #39
Banned

so here's my official unofficial in the dark below freezing observations and measurements:
Side shot stock seat. Bike is level. You can see the mark where the steel rule lay midway on the seat. This is where the measurement to ground was taken. Again, bike was level and rule that was measured from was level (using bubble level app)
Stock seat at that point measured 32-1/8"

Seat Concepts tall seat, measured same spot, 32-7/8"

The new seat, though overall not that much taller, is MUCH flatter and wider in the center-to-rear section, right where my fat ass resides. You can sit nearly all the way to the passenger seat on level surface.
A few more pics
matching passenger (a very snug fit)

If you check out your stock seat, you will find a "tongue" of sorts in the front where the seat cover and padding extend out from the seat base upwards. This fills a niche in the rear of the tank perfectly.
The Seat Concepts builder added no such extra material or "tongue" on the front of the (obviously) stock seat base, so there is a gap between the Seat Concepts seat and the tank.
I kinda don't mind. I have my power cable for heated clothing coming out there inside a leather sleeve, and it fills the area fine. See here

Hope that helps some. It feels a LOT better on the short spin I took. The foam is firmer than stock as well, and the cover material is much nicer than the stock's condom-like feel.