View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #31

You're probably right about the sprockets being stock, since it only has 15k. I'm closing in on 17k and haven't changed mine out yet. On the other hand, some guys don't wait to change the front sprocket since it's cheap and easy. You'll know when you look.

Those tires are certainly priced right. I'd be a bit concerned about losing that savings in shipping, however...based on my order from them for new Duro tires for my Lifan.

My stock rear Dunlop lasted just over 7k miles. The Perelli is nearing 10k now, but it started getting squared off a few 1000 miles ago. And that is why I went with the Bridgestone BT45 for the next rear. It has a dual compound with the center being harder, and should prevent that squared effect, or at least postpone it for a while.

The stock Dunlop front last me about 10.5k miles, and the Perelli replacement is still looking great after 6k miles. I'm not sure what I'll replace that with when it wears out, but I should have plenty of time to think about that.

15k on these bikes is not much at all. Many riders get into the 30k - 50k range and at least one guy is well over 100k. Mine is a 07 with almost 17k and I know of at least 2 other riders on 07's with more than that. Basically, just change the oil every 3k and check/adjust the valves every 6k and it'll likely run as long as you need.

Addiction without shame. Isn't it wonderful?
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project