View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 01:15 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHSPACE View Post
Weldangrind, I appreciate the support.

Spud, I have been visiting Russia since the 80's and things are a lot safer now. The first time we went we had very visible minders and we were not allowed to go anywhere without them. Now it's like anywhere else in the world, big cities, too much traffic, same label goods you can buy anywhere, Coke, Pepsi, sidewalk cafes. The museums and theatre are possibly the best in the world though. I was recently treated to go see Ivan the Terrible at the Bolshoi - I had never appreciated ballet, especially when you see it on T.V. and wonder what the heck it's all about. Now I would happily go anytime (but not at Bolshoi prices - cripes, I could buy a new motorbike for what a couple of good seats cost my client).
The Russian people are wonderful. I'm sorry they have suffered so much. I'm glad to hear things are safer, and more prosperous in Russia.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894