View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 02:27 AM   #25

So I posted an ad for passenger pegs
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13946

Weldangrind said he sent them on Tuesday so I wasn't expecting them this week at all.

I went to the post office and in my box I had a pickup slip. I'm usually always waiting for packages but I found this odd as I was only expecting one thing that could not fit in my PO box

I had a feeling right away that canada post possibly pulled a mirical (kidding aside they've really improved since I started ebaying ect)

Opened it up

I settled on China take offs as I was having a hell of a time trying to source TTR specific pegs/mounts. So I figured I'd just modify a set and save money.

First impressions extremely promising

Had to leave to my moms for a bit. Got home after dark and continued (sorry for dark pics. I'll get better ones tomorrow)

I completely overlooked that the mount on right side was different.
I have a nut as a spacer for now :s
But went on rather smooth. Need more proper hardware using nuts and bolts for now. Might modify this mount slightly you'll know what I mean shortly
Or I might just live with it as is

Right side again

Left side went on as if it was a factory foot peg

Left side again

So the reason I'm thinking of modifying the one mount

One side is lower then the other. I hopped on and it's hardly noticeable and still comfortable.
The wife came out and hopped on with me on it aswell and says she can't tell. She's excited to go for a rip with me.

We are planning on taking the bikes out again tomorrow possibly quad too

Thanks for reading

Dave

W&G read your PM's