Thread: No words needed
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 06:25 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B View Post
Just did my 500 mi. valve adjustment so i guess ill post my thoughts.......it sucks! it doesnt sorta suck , it doesnt kinda suck, it doesnt somewhat suck, it just plain sucks! especially if your doing it by yourself when its 94deg. outside already and a 105 heat index in the drive way. If you havent done it yet go ahead and buy a table lift like 2lz has! My bad back is killing me! do it in your air conditioned garage and make sure no kids are around to hear you cuss. adjusting the valves are not bad ,its just getting to them. that being said Im glad i did it because mine were almost completly closed. someone at csc did take a sharpie and mark my valve covers with arrows and a R and F at least. all in all I guess my conclusion is, it sucked...but at least its done.
Ron, I feel your pain.

I just completed my 4th or 5th valve adjustment...can't remember which.

Those who say it gets easier are lyin'....

I was so mad trying to snake my hand and wrench and screwdriver and feeler gauge into the exhaust valve area, I completely pulled off the left radiator....what a mess...

And you are correct about a table lift. I bought one a couple of years ago, and have been kicking myself I that I didn't buy one 20 years ago.

jb